Saturday, February 2, 2008

Valentine's Day

Oh my god, my favorite time of the year is coming up(... not), Valentine's Day!
Let me tell you something about this special holiday, it's just like Christmas. Valentine's Day is for the spoiled. Those that want everything and get everything they want. Let's Elaborate. The idea of V-day is that you get a special day of the year to celebrate the love between you and your special someone. The chances of having a special someone to spend this day with is the same chance you'll have parents that go out of the way to fool you into thinking that everything you wanted is under a tree with a star on it because of some fat ass in a red suit. You must be thinking I'm some cynical dick face right now, you're pretty much right but I wasn't always this way. Actually, I was the complete opposite. I use to think that fate was real. "Everyone has a special someone that they will eventually end up with no matter what decision they make in life." Everyone has a happy ending. (Too bad that's not the case) I would listen to cupcake music all the time and thought my life could relate with the words. (lol.. ) I pictured myself in a relationship with kisses on the cheek, holding hands in the hallway , and talking late night on the phone.


A lot has changed throughout the years. Ultimately my beliefs now are simply explained in the irony of this last picture.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

JASON!
your blog looked lonely without comments so here i am.
except i don't know what to respond to your post
but for the record i did read it all.
yay blogs!