Friday, February 1, 2008

Simplot Games

Exactly two weeks from now I'm going to be in Pocatello, Idaho for my first track meet of the year. I've been training for this season since August. Although I've given up so much for this track season, I know it's going to be worth it when I step out on that track.

Lupe Fiasco - "Fighters"
When the fighters are all around
All the lovers are underground
No one will save you anymore
So what's happening, what you rapping about?
It's a boy. Is it cars? Is it girls? Is it money?
The world?

The truth is that I was never really that fast when it comes to running. I've had chronic shin splints bothering me since day one on the track. No excuse. Although the odds were against me, I'm working past it all and I dropped 2 seconds off my hundred time in the last couple of months. Now I'm about to run at a national level in just two weeks. I'm nervous but I'm not scared. In an individual sport like track, your teammates can't pick up your slack. Whatever your coach says after you do something wrong doesn't make anything better since its all you. Well when I step out on the track, I'm gonna get it. I don't care if I'm going up against the fastest people my age. I'm still gonna catch 'em. This is what I want, I'm running for myself and not anyone else. Whatever it takes. No regrets.

No comments: