Thursday, September 25, 2008

I am afraid of my subconscious.


Last night I had a nightmare. Let me tell you about my nightmares. They aren't the typical nightmares where its just a simple scary movie and I'm the star, who ever controls my nightmares knows exactly what will screw me up inside. Everything thats been bothering me was summed up in my dreams last night. It was overwhelming and I woke up very disoriented. Even the bad feeling my alarm clock gives me when I wake up was in my dream, so when I woke up.. it felt like I couldn't escape my nightmare.

My morning shower. I felt out of control. Locked in an imaginary box.
I don't like nightmares, they are the real deal. Nothing like what you see on TV.
I'm scared to sleep.

Coming to college and ending up where I am today made me feel fearless. Overcoming obstacles, taking them down one by one. The nightmare dealt me a sweet reality check.

2 comments:

chery said...

yikes. that sounds terrifying. but nightmares can be a good way to realize what you need to take care of in the waking hours, right? hope you feel betterrr ):

atomicweasley said...

that reminds me of a dementor sucking out a soul