Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm living in a triple in college and how it works is.. you can either have the top or bottom bunk or the top of a loft (a single bunk bed with your desk underneath). Ideally I wanted the bottom bunk because I toss and turn at night, coming from a king size bed back home, a lot. Unfortunately how things unwind, I turned out to be the last of both my roommates to move in. I got the top of the bunk bed. I thought to myself, "Oh well.. man up, don't bitch about it."

First night, I climb onto my bed which is quite the climb I must say, not as cake as it use to be to plop onto my giant bounce house bed back home. I lay down. I sleep on my side and look out and realize there is no fucking guard rail. great. I'm fucked. I look down from my bunk and I see a pleasant six foot drop. Day 1 sleeping situation sucked. I'm hug the wall the entire night. If you can't picture what I mean by hugging a wall, its fetal position tucked against the wall.... like a sad starving prisoner.


Two days later, my father brings me a guard rail form bed, bath, and beyond. Thanks Dad. Saved me.

What brings me to blog about my bed on Day 10 of college is I discovered something new. Aside from the six foot drop, no guard rail, and six foot climb. The ceiling is very close. This new discovery came from last night when I was happily smiling and getting tucked in for bed. My blanket is curled up at the bottom, so like most normal people in normal beds.. I kicked my blankets up to flatten the blanket. In addition to kicking my fucking blanket, I ended up kicking the ceiling. OUCH!

So picture this, my roommates are asleep.. its pitch black. You hear rustling on the top bunk getting in position to sleep and then *thunk* "FUCK!" *Whimper*

My right leg still hurts as I'm typing this right now.

2 comments:

said...

I think not sleeping in your own bed really sucks. It's the one thing in college that constantly reminds you at the end of the day that you're not at home anymore.

HEY I MISS YOU!
--katherine

Anonymous said...

when you have the top bunk, your bed is no longer a "bed" so much as a sleeping area that is somewhat soft.